The holidays are upon us! And it wouldn’t be Hanukkah without the traditional fried classic of potato latkes and chicken schnitzel. This vegan latke recipe combines the best of both worlds. The vegan latke chicken schnitzel sandwich features arugula, sliced tomato, and dairy-free sour cream with minced parsley and chives to taste.
Try These Vegan Latke Chicken Schnitzel Sandwiches
3 LIKE MEAT Schnitzels
For the Vegan Latkes:
1lb Yukon potatoes
⅓ cup flour
¼ cup yellow onion, grated
3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
black pepper, to taste
avocado oil, for frying
Vegan sour cream with minced parsley and chives
- Peel and grate potatoes. Place a strainer over a medium mixing bowl. Place grated potatoes and onions inside. Using your hand or a wooden spoon, expel as much liquid out as possible.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine two cups of grated potato and onion, flour, almond milk, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, and black pepper. Mix well to develop the gluten in the flour. This helps with the binding.
- Add avocado oil into the pan until it is about a half-inch in depth.
- Form the vegan latke batter into a flat disc. Fry until golden brown, flip, and fry the other side. Place the finished latke on a wire rack with a baking sheet underneath to stay crisp.
- Heat a medium skillet to medium-high heat. Add oil and cook Like Meat Schnitzel according to package instructions.
- To Build: place a vegan latke on a small plate and spread the sour cream on top. Top with the schnitzel and then tomato and arugula.
This is a sponsored post.
LIVEKINDLY is here to help you navigate the growing marketplace of sustainable products that promote a kinder planet. All of our selections are curated by the editorial team. If you buy something we link to on our site, LIVEKINDLY may earn a commission.
Credit: Source link