What would a world without vegan cheese look like? Thankfully, we don’t have to ponder this question too long because there are a number of delicious dairy-free cheese brands out there—and Whole Foods carries 81 of them!
With locations all across America, Whole Foods Market is a vegan cheese mecca. It carries an extensive array of both own- and name-brand dairy-free cheese products. The supermarket chain recently topped the Good Food Institute’s inaugural Good Food Retail Report. The first-of-its-kind report evaluated the 15 most vegan-friendly supermarkets in the U.S., and Whole Foods came in first place.
So, whether you’re looking for slices to make the perfect grilled cheese or shredded cheese to sprinkle atop nachos, Whole Foods is definitely the place to shop. Here are 81 types of dairy-free cheese that are available at the supermarket chain.
81 Types of Vegan Cheese Are Available at Whole Foods
Whole Foods carries a number of this vegan brand’s products, including its dairy-free cheesecakes and mac and cheese. But if you’re looking for a good variety of vegan cheeses, look no further than Daiya. The chain carries the brand’s non-dairy cheese slices, shreds, and blocks.
1. Cheddar Style Slices
2. Cheddar Style Shreds
3. Classic Blend (Cheddar & Mozzarella Style) Shreds
4. Jalapeño Havarti Style Block
5. Medium Cheddar Style Block
6. Mozzarella Style Shreds
7. Pepperjack Style Shreds
8. Provolone Style Shreds
9. Smoked Gouda Style Block
10. Swiss Style Slices
Field Roast – Chao
For the perfect meltable, non-dairy cheese slices to top your sandwich, Field Roast Chao slices are a perfect choice. Whole Foods carries the brand’s coconut herb with black pepper, tomato cayenne, and creamy original dairy-free slices.
11. Coconut Herb With Black Pepper Slices
12. Tomato Cayenne With Spicy Peppers Slices
13. Creamy Original Slices
Follow Your Heart
Popular plant-based brand Follow Your Heart is no stranger to Whole Foods. The chain carries many of the brand’s vegan food products. With 13 of the brand’s vegan cheese options to choose from, you’re sure to satisfy all of your cheese cravings.
14. American Style Slices
15. Mozzarella Style Slices
16. Pepper Jack Slices
17. Provolone Style Slices
18. Smoked Gouda Style Slices
19. Cheddar Block
20. Mozzarella Block
21. Monterey Jack Block
22. Nacho Block
23. Cheddar Shreds
24. Fiesta Blend Shreds
25. Mozzarella Shreds
26. Parmesan Style Shreds
For those looking for a delectable non-dairy spread to go atop a toasted bagel, look no further than Go Veggie’s cream cheese. Additionally, Whole Foods carries the brand’s Mexican style shreds, which go great sprinkled atop tacos, parmesan style topping, and pepper jack-style cheese slices.
27. Classic Plain Cream Cheese
28. Mexican Style Shreds
29. Grated Parmesan Style Topping
30. Pepper Jack Style Slices
Whole Foods carries four of plant-based artisanal brand Kite Hill’s non-dairy cheeses. They’re available in spreads as well as a delicious almond milk ricotta.
31. Almond Milk Ricotta
32. Everything Cream Cheese Spread
33. Chive Cream Cheese Spread
34. Plain Cream Cheese spread
If you’re in need of non-dairy cheeses to fill out your vegan charcuterie board, Miyoko’s Creamery has you covered. Whole Foods carries many of the brand’s artisanal cheeses, including its cheese wheels in flavors like garlic herb and double cream chive cheese.
35. Aged Mt. Vesuvius Black Ash Cheese Wheel
36. Aged English Smoked Farmhouse Cheese Wheel
37. Classic Double Cream Chive Cheese Wheel
38. Herbes De Provence Cheese Wheel
39. High Sierra Rustic Alpine Cheese Wheel
40. Aged English Sharp Farmhouse Cheese Wheel
41. Semi Soft Garlic Herb Cheese Wheel
42. Sundried Tomato Garlic Cheese Wheel
43. Farmhouse Cheddar Shreds
44. Pepper Jack Shreds
45. Farmhouse Cheddar Slices
46. Pepper Jack Slices
47. Fresh Vegan Mozz
48. Smoked Vegan Mozz
49. Plainly Classic Cream Cheese
50. Sensational Scallion Cream Cheese
Parma! Vegan Parmesan
Sprinkle this brand’s vegan parmesan cheese atop any pasta dish for added flavor.
51. Parma! Vegan Parmesan
For dairy-free slices, spreads, and shreds—check out Parmela Creamery’s selection the next time you are shopping at Whole Foods.
52. American Style Slices
53. Pepper Jack Style Slices
54. Sharp Cheddar Style Slices
55. Black Pepper Creamy Nutcheese Spread
56. Mozzarella Style Shreds
If you’re looking for vegan queso dip to go with your nachos, Whole Foods has you covered courtesy of Siete Foods. In addition to being dairy-free, the family-owned company’s queso dips are soy-free, grain-free, paleo-friendly, non-GMO, and gluten-free.
57. Mild Nacho Cashew Queso
58. Spicy Blanco Cashew Queso
The Honest Stand
Specializing in plant-based comfort foods, The Honest Stand’s line of certified organic, dairy-free, paleo-friendly, and gluten-free cheese style dips are available at Whole Foods.
59. Cheddar Style Dip
60. Garlic Parm Style Dip
61. Spicy Nacho Dip
62. Smoked Cheddar Style Dip
63. Mild Nacho Dip
Artisanal vegan cheese brand Treeline specializes in making kosher, soy-free, and paleo-friendly probiotic non-dairy cheeses. The vegan cheeses are made from non-GMO cashews using traditional cheese-making methods. Treeline’s line of cheeses are also fermented and have a flavor that closely resembles that of dairy-based cheese.
64. Cracked Pepper Aged Artisanal Nut Cheese
65. Chipotle-Serrano Pepper Creamy Soft French-Style Nut Cheese
66. Classic Aged Artisanal Nut Cheese
67. Green Peppercorn Creamy Soft French-Style Nut Cheese
68. Herb-Garlic Creamy Soft French-Style Nut Cheese
69. Scallion Creamy Soft French-Style Nut Cheese
This Greece-based brand launched its dairy-free cheeses at Whole Foods nationwide in 2018. Prior to this, the non-dairy cheeses were only available at select independent retailers across the country.
70. Just Like Cheddar Shreds
71. Just Like Mozzarella Shreds
72. Just Like Cheddar Slices
73. Just Like Smoked Provolone slices
74. Just Like Cream Cheese Cheddar
75. Just Like Cream Cheese Original
76. Just Like Feta block
77. Just Like Parmesan Wedge
Previously Whole Foods’ 365 Everyday Value private label, the 365 brand underwent a makeover earlier this year. In addition to getting more modern packaging, the label now reads “365 Whole Foods Market.” The 365 plant-based line carries a number of vegan cheese, including dairy-free shreds and slices.
78. Plant-Based Cheddar Cheese Shreds
79. Plant-Based Cheddar Cheese Slices
80. Plant-Based Mozzarella Cheese Shreds
81. Plant-Based Smoked Gouda Cheese Slices
Credit: Source link