Mexican inspired pasta salad with roasted sweet potato, grilled corn, cherry tomatoes, black beans & a cumin-lime vinaigrette
Forego a creamy dressing that would mask all the pretty colors and instead opt for a simple Cumin-Lime Vinaigrette to dress this healthy and delicious pasta salad recipe. The dressing couldn’t be simpler to make and the rest is even easier. Rainbow bowtie pasta is a great way to add even more color to this vibrant dish!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 oz Pasta of your choice (250g)
- 3 Green Onions, sliced into small pieces
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 tin Black Beans, drained
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1 bunch of Cilantro/Coriander, chopped finely (you can use Parsley instead)
- 1 1/2 cups Corn Kernels (preferably frozen)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Roasted Sweet Potato
- 1 medium Sweet Potato, diced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 1/4 cup fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Agave Nectar
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- Start off preparing your Roasted Corn and Sweet Potato. Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- In a bowl, combine your Cork Kernels with Olive Oil and Salt/Pepper, to taste. Lay on a parchment-lined baking tray in a single layer and roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Corn is ready when it is nicely browned, not burnt.
- Remove from oven.
- Combine diced Sweet Potato, Olive Oil, Ground Coriander, Ground Cumin, Paprika, and Salt/Pepper, to taste in a bowl. Mix to combine and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Turn oven down to 180C/360F and roast Sweet Potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to directions on the packaging. Once cooked, drain and place in a large salad bowl.
- Toss Pasta with your Green Onions, drained Black Beans, halved Cherry Tomatoes, Avocado, Roasted Corn, Roasted Sweet Potato and Cilantro.
- To make dressing, combine everything in a bowl and whisk well. Pour over Pasta Salad and toss to combine.
- Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Serve.
- This Vegan Southwestern Pasta Salad is lovely warm, but can also be enjoyed cold. Kept in an air-tight container, it will last for up to 1 week.
This recipe was republished with permission from Crazy Vegan Kitchen. Find the original recipe here.
Credit: Source link