This Papaya or Mango and Black Bean Salad is delicious and refreshing, great anytime, and light enough for warmer weather days. I’m not big on measurements so feel free to make adjustments based on your preferences. I brought this to a party and all my omnivore friends went crazy for it. It’s super simple to prepare and so healthy for you: nutrient-dense with protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Who’d have thought, a delicious salad with no salt and no oil! Recipe and photo contributed by Sharon Nazarian from Big City Vegan. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Papaya or Mango and Black Bean Salad
Author: Sharon Nazarian
Recipe type: Bean salad
Cuisine: Vegan / Healthy
Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ papaya, or 1–2 whole mangos, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2–3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- juice of 1 lime, or more, to taste
- lime wedges for garnish, optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl. Taste for lime, as that’s what really brings out the flavor.
- Stir together and serve at once, or cover and refrigerate until needed.
Credit: Source link