This voluminous Apple Pie Oatmeal will remind you of delicious apple pie but will leave you feeling energized and ready to tackle the day ahead. I like to use Gala apples in this recipe, but feel free to use any variety that you wish. This recipe is gluten-free, oil-free, refined sugar-free, and soy-free! Recipe and photo from The Oh She Glows Cookbook* by Angela Liddon. Reprinted by arrangement with Avery, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © Glo Bakery Corporation, 2014.
- 1⁄3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 medium Gala apple, peeled, cored, and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more for serving
- 1⁄4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of fine-grain sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup, to taste, plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts, for serving
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds, for serving
- pinch of unsweetened shredded coconut, for serving
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the oats, apple, chia seeds, applesauce, almond milk, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Whisk well to combine. Bring the mixture to a low boil over medium heat. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often.
- When the mixture has thickened and the liquid has been absorbed, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and maple syrup to taste.
- Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and top it with chopped walnuts, hemp seeds, a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of shredded coconut, and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
Visit Angela at Oh She Glows for great vegan recipes and gorgeous photos.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!
Credit: Source link